Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Crap Sleep

The steak last night was delicious. I had a glass or two of cabernet at dinner and a glass of champagne in our limo on the way back to the hotel (which tasted way too sweet after the red). By all accounts, I should have passed out comfortably - enough wine to make me sleepy, but not enough to be drunk.

Unfortunately, that was not the case.

I had a slew of dreams last night. I was singing Wes' 'Slide from Grace' in my sleep - so weird, and then I dreamt about a parade of old friends and my grandma. She was sick in my dream, and pulled me aside to tell me how much she loved me. I think I might have woke up crying at one point - it was so real to see her and especially hard because I never got to say goodbye.

I ate a good breakfast this morning, so that should help, but I am weary. Today will be a crazy-busy day with more meetings and running around than yesterday. It will probably be the second day in a row without a real lunch, but instead a chocolate chip CLIF energy bar. Tonight I have dinner again, but I'm not looking forward to it even if it is steak at Del Frisco's. I miss home.

Last night CJ sent me a picture of her and Elliott (my cat) when she stopped in to check on him. I am grateful to have an awesome friend who will do this for me, but it made me miss my kitty. Three more full days of work and I can board a plane to come home. I don't think I've ever felt so homesick on a business trip before. It sucks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Russ, Jess, and Sam said...

Char- Think of it this way..you obviously love life at home sooo much that it's worth missing...that's a good thing. Try your best to enjoy your time there, you'll be home before you know it, and you're not missing anything here..it's been a quiet week so far.

January 09, 2007 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home