Saturday, January 20, 2007

Thanks, All

You guys have really come through for me on the laptop issue - thanks so much. I don't remember spilling anything on it, but I live in a house with a deaf cat, so I wouldn't put it past him. Just this morning he knocked over a water glass on my nightstand... thank goodness the water missed my phone and blackberry. That would have been a mess.

Anyway, it's a DELL Latitude D600. I don't think it's a driver issue, JJT... it's so sporadic. I can tell the "N" key is "on" (if you will) or depressed internally because occasionally I will be typing and "nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn" starts out of nowhere. When I'm not typing the mouse functionality is poor, probably for the same reason. It's sensory overload for the little machine.

My dad found a replacement keyboard online for $90, so that may be the way I go. The instructions say that installing the keyboard is an extremely fragile process though, so I am a bit doubtful at my ability to do it myself. My dad is offering to send me his laptop, switch out that hard drive and replace the keyboard himself, but I sorta feel like that's a lot of work for something that's my problem. (You are the best dad ever though, Dad.) We'll see...

I feel like I haven't posted properly in days... it's been too frustrating to use the laptop, this machine wasn't put back together yet, and so I just stopped. I don't blog at work - major no-no. So let's see.... we went to Lager's Thursday, so I have video from Sunday and Thursday to upload to Google Video. Last night I attempted to organize a work happy hour, but apparently asking work folks to drive to the Inner Harbor is a lot to ask. After too much time alone (I HATE being alone at a bar), my GF Katie showed up. We drank at J Paul's and then went over to Walt's Inn for karaoke, although we never sang because it was too crowded. I should feel sicker today because I didn't eat dinner. I feel okay though.

Today Jess and I are going to a Petco adoption place to look at a dog for her. We're taking Antonio and Penny, so it should be fun. Antonio always wins and leaves with a lot of toys when we go to a pet store. Lucky dog.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time we should both consider eating dinner... beer and shots don't always cut it ;)

Good times! Love ya girl

January 20, 2007 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is going to be scary, but I might actually know how to swap out that keyboard. It's fragile, but the keyboard on the D600 is one piece with a connector (actually 2, if you count the trackstick). If you need it, I could possibly take a look at it. As before, the offer remains open.

And, as an old hand at this, dinner is crucial before imbibing mass quantities.

January 20, 2007 2:47 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

JJT, I might take you up on that... let me see about ordering that keyboard and getting it here somehow. I don't like having packages delivered to my place b/c people steal stuff in this city. Gotta use one of my friends' county addresses.... :)

January 21, 2007 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or the office, which is what I do.

That said, I don't know if you need it, but I do have a spare USB keyboard that could come in handy as well.

In any event, just let me know and I will pitch in with whatever I can.

January 22, 2007 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home