Monday, January 15, 2007

Another Day and Another Night

I didn't sleep well last night. For the last three nights I have been up until three or four in the morning. Last night I was in bed by 2 PM, but just laid there until about 4 AM. It's sick. I honestly have no idea how I got up and functioned today. I didn't fall asleep at my desk, in the car, or even nod off. I stayed relatively awake all day, which means the adrenaline must have been pumping. Thank goodness.

Tonight? I don't feel like I have much to say. Antonio has been chewing on a monstrous bone for two days now. He slept next to it in bed last night (which is against house rules, but I was distracted trying to get to sleep), and runs to it the minute he comes inside after being out. I feel a little guilty because we haven't played at all in two days, but he's happy, right?

Oh, and tomorrow I have my "annual" review, which is actually on my 90 day anniversary. I think I've done well for myself so far. I haven't messed anything up, and I've actually had a number of early successes. It's still strange getting used to a different culture, but I work on a great team and am thankful every day that I work alongside these people. I have a lot to learn from them, and I know I'll be taught well.

So wish me luck... hopefully I'll be more spunky and more "Charissa" (hat tip to Cheryl) tomorrow. Sleep well and be at peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

Where has flute boy gone? Maybe it's the fact that there isn't enough room in the bed for you with Antonio's giant bone... maybe you need a bone of your own... ohhhh mannnnn! (sorry, I couldn't resist) There should be online support clubs for those of us who can't sleep at night. sheesh! Hope you are sleeping well as I type this.

January 16, 2007 2:37 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Oooooh... good point. Although my PC (with iTunes) is still camped out on my living room floor, not in the bedroom. Last night I used the loaned iPod for sleep music. It worked pretty well! I gotta get me one of those. :)

PS. I slept tons better. Thanks, CA.

January 16, 2007 7:32 AM  
Blogger Russ, Jess, and Sam said...

Hey- good luck with your review...I know you'll do wonderfully!!!

January 16, 2007 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home