Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wednesday Woes

I am so tired today. I slept horribly last night and had to get up this morning to bang out some work-work before heading back to the courthouse. We only sat in trial from 11-4:30 today (and throw in a lunch), but it is exhausting. I can't explain why, really. I have a bit of a headache, which is either from the lack of sleep, the trial, or both... and I get to do it all again tomorrow. At least deliberations start then, so I'll get to talk a lot more than I have been.

Dinner tonight is at Birches, an eclectic little restaurant in Canton. I'd been there once before with Dave, John and Chris(tine), but that was almost a year ago. I think I'll drink myself to sleep. I can't wait.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an attorney, I'd love to hear about your experience as a juror, and what you thought of the lawyers. Once you're done, obviously. Kudos for respecting the ethics of remaining silent until it's over!

January 31, 2007 6:36 PM  
Blogger Russ, Jess, and Sam said...

Have fun tonight!!!!! Birches is super romantic and perfect! I want a full report!!!

January 31, 2007 6:56 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

AGT - You're not the lawyer in the case, are you?? Boy, would that be scary...

Jess - GOOD night. That's my public comment. For details, you must call. :)

January 31, 2007 11:01 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

LOVE Birches!!!

I did Jury Duty in Arlington County, VA a few years ago and it was intense and made me never ever want to be at the mercy of a jury. My fellow jurors judged defendants by the public attorney's suit. insane.

February 01, 2007 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be weird! But no, that's not my case. I'm not doing trial work right now.

February 01, 2007 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home