Friday, February 16, 2007

DAMN, I Am Proud of Myself.

After a few weeks of staring both at my laptop and the replacement keyboard that my parents found for it, I decided today to give it a go. The keyboard needed replacing, and if no one else could muster up the time to do it... I decided to do it myself, by golly. I've felt very tethered to my desktop over the last few weeks... gone were the days of watching TV on the couch while surfing blogs or uploading photos to flickr.

So today I had a long conversation with our hardware guy after work (who gave me as many pointers as he could for a guy who hates DELL) which left me feeling slightly more confident trying to replace the keyboard myself. I just couldn't hold back any longer. Goodness knows that Bags In Trees wasn't being updated because all of my photos are on the laptop; and even more importantly, I'm a professional multi-tasker... I felt so robbed not being able to juggle twenty things at once.

Soooo.... I DID IT! I was patient (you should be proud of me for that alone) and gentle. I took a lot of time studying how it was all put together, then took it apart quickly and efficiently.

You know what? I came home kind of tired and cranky today because it has been a long, long week, but my spirits are up again thanks to my success. I'm so proud. I really am.

Photos below!

My laptop before-hand. This very well could have been the last picture of a semi-functional machine.






Here it is after I figured out how to remove the keyboard.







Just in case you are curious (because I was), this is what the machine looks like underneath. I know... unexciting.





Here's a shot of the new keyboard installed by moi...







...and here's the finished product!!! Ain't she sweet?

8 Comments:

Blogger NPR Junky said...

I am so freaking proud of you, girl! Congratulations, brave woman! I never ever ever would have attempted such a thing on my own, kudos to you!

February 16, 2007 10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rissa Rocks
Rissa Rocks
Rissa Rocks

Man, do you Rock!!!

Good going' kid

February 17, 2007 9:03 AM  
Blogger Double Dogged said...

She's sweet, you're a sweetheart, and ain't the beer cold!

February 17, 2007 10:06 AM  
Blogger Double Dogged said...

She's sweet, you're a sweetheart, and ain't the beer cold!

February 17, 2007 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well now that you're done with that, my Honda needs an oil change and the brakes need some adjusting. Just let me know when you're available.

February 17, 2007 10:20 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

well you are way more leet than me, i tried to fix my ipod screen and totally failed. maybe i should have sent it to you :D

February 17, 2007 10:44 AM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Way to go Cha Cha.

February 17, 2007 9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I was wondering if I was ever going to get called about that. Good to see you got it done yourself, though.

As long as it isn't sparking, it's good.

February 20, 2007 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home