Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ice, Ice, Ice

Well, I think we missed the brunt of it, which as you can guess, I am upset about. On the icy side, around 5 AM more freezing rain started; My street and car are covered in ice. I had a hard time deciding whether or not to trek into work today, but decided for now I am staying home and as the rain slows this morning and the plows have a chance to get on the roads, I'll re-evaluate at noon.

I'll try to post photos later, but honestly, I'm not crazy about heading outside right now. Just a few minutes ago I watched my neighbors across the street as they strong-armed their screen door open over the ice that formed in front of their door. How did the rest of you fare? I heard PA got hit pretty hard.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know WS opened on time this morning :P

February 14, 2007 9:21 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

it is CRAZY here. i have not seen this much snow in forever...perhaps since the ill-fated carnival of choirs???? ;)

February 14, 2007 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning,
Sorry that you are so disappointed about the storm not being up to par :(, but Ice is not fun, or all that interesting unless it lines the trees like lace, and it is a little too warm for that...In NY we have had about 3 inches of snowfall, now just freezing rain...It took me over 2 hours to get to work this morning. Hated it!
Thanks for writing me back! Tell your Mom, that we like you, so far..Especially from what Joey is tell us..And, you are very interesting on your Blog. :) So, tell her not to worry.
I look forward to meeting you too! :)
Ah, take the day off and relax!!
~Annie

February 14, 2007 10:31 AM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

Ice, ice ice. My office is closed today; DE mostly shuts down when it gets yuck out because we only have about three snowplows for the whole state.

Stay safe, love!

February 14, 2007 10:32 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Jill: Of course they did - but at least you get to wear JEANS! I'm in khakis!

Marie: Don't get me all weepy over the Carnival of Choirs. I had the sweatshirt for years until a girl in college stole it. I say we have new ones made, just for old time's sake. (sigh)

Annie: Thanks for coming back! I still think I am heading to work at lunch. I'll probably get more work done there, anyway. Besides, it's no fun being home alone on Valentine's Day. I'll be sure to pass your comments onto my mom - she'll be relieved. I suppose this is the 'new age' way to get to know each other, right? Just let me know if anything scares you, and I'll try to talk my way out of it. (Haha.) Stay safe in NY!

NPR: I am SO glad that you made it home. And an even better bonus is that you have a day off now. That should help makeup for your day spent at the airport yesterday. You cracked me up with your snow plow comment. It's probably true. :)

February 14, 2007 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home