Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hmmm, Disappointment?

Well, today's weather was disappointing, but I still found myself saying, "Just wait! It's still coming!" to coworkers who dared to challenge Mr. Foot. I planned to leave work at 3 PM or so to avoid the ice... instead I left at 6 PM, just as the freezing rain was beginning to fall. There was really no traffic to speak of because almost everyone heeded the warnings and went home early. Sure it was icy, but where's my storm? I'm iffy on what to believe right now, people. I hate getting my hopes up just to have them smashed to bits.

So after parking my car (on a street with about a quarter of an inch of iced-snow (picture a flattened snow cone), I salted my cute, Baltimore-esque, marble stoop and trudged inside. Foot's Forecast still says this will be even nastier by Thursday... but can I allow myself to hope? Wait. I am hosting a sales training Thursday afternoon... maybe I need to rethink this.

Tonight? More work plus American Idol. And some wine (because I can). I am considering 'live blogging' the weather, but we'll see... I hate being cold and live blogging winter storms requires some degree of contact with said weather.

Knowing me, I'll think of something else to say later on, though... so stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can have all of what we are getting (and going to get). We have about a foot on the ground now with 8-12 expected by morning. IS THAT ENOUGH FOR YOU!!!!

February 13, 2007 7:18 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

We're getting slammed here in the midwest. It's been snowing since Friday. You want some? I think we're going on 8 inches of slushy icy blowing snow.
ps- hope you get the snow you are waiting for... that's too cute!

February 13, 2007 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this dream of work being cancelled, but that will never happen. So I've consumed several Natty Bohs and maybe I'll just roll in to work late. Awesome.

It's the ice I'm worried about. Snow, whatev.

February 13, 2007 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home