Sunday, February 18, 2007

Grey's Anatomy Shocker

For the record, I've been working today. Glued to a laptop while Enya plays on my iPod speakers, actually. But in order to feel like I haven't totally lost my day, I've been taking breaks and uploading music to my iPod, watching the end of Out of Africa from Netflix (four stars by the way), and downloading and watching the last two episodes of Grey's Anatomy that I missed.

So this is what I am posting about. I just finished the 16th episode. Holy crap. I'm assuming we've all seen the last two episodes, so on that premise, this is what I believe to be true:

1. Everyone needs a "person." Meredith is Christina's. Izzy is George's. McSteamy is McDreamy's. I'm not sure I have just one. Lately, I think CJ, Jess and my mom fall into that category.
2. I needed a cry, I think, because now my head hurts from all of the crying I just did. I took two aspirin, but I am now second guessing that. I should have taken ibuprofen.
3. Boy did Denny look good. I gotta tell you that I missed him. His personality brought another dimension to the show... and although he wasn't there long, I miss him. (By the way - do we know yet how Izzy and Denny originally knew each other? Did I miss that explanation?)
4. I CAN'T BELIEVE Izzy said that to George out loud. You know, that he made a mistake marrying Callie? OMG. I was ready to let him be happy with her, I really was, but her words made me question his decision all over again. Poor George.
5. YOU CAN'T KILL MEREDITH GREY. You just can't. This show isn't about miracles, I get that. They killed Denny, right? I'm okay with her going towards the light temporarily, but what the hell do they think they are doing? I guess part of me is interested to see what Denny and cute bomb guy say to her... but C'MON. Stop toying with me. I love that woman! Well, maybe they'll reiterate what her mom said, and then she'll recover and dump McDreamy to "get serious" about her career. Or, or, maybe she'll leave McDreamy for George (after he leaves Callie of course). I dunno. I'm distraught. Why isn't it Thursday, yet?

10 Comments:

Blogger jwer said...

They can't kill her, they'd have to rename the show.

February 18, 2007 10:28 PM  
Blogger Russ, Jess, and Sam said...

Ok...so I don't watch Grey's Anatomy therefore I don't know exactly what you mean by "having a person" but I am SO touched that I am one of your "persons" and if it means your go to person, your stability...you are definitely one of my main "persons" too!
Love you!

February 18, 2007 10:53 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

I watched the end of that episode with a dropped jaw. Killing her off would definitely be shocking. Here is a question, if they kill her will she continue to narrate? I think that Denny and Izzy met when he was in for his first surgery. It may have been in the first season but I can't remember.

February 18, 2007 11:51 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

this.is.the.best.show. EVER.

and for the record i was sobbing my little head off too...

February 19, 2007 9:51 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

amen sister! I was sobbing myself (which led my husband to threaten that I wouldn't be allowed to watch that show anymore). They better not kill off Meredith- we would all be so angry. I agree with you about Denny. yum-o! I can't wait until Thursday either!

February 19, 2007 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the episode where she fell in the water, but I missed the following episode. What happened? Did the credits roll as they were doing CPR or something?

February 19, 2007 12:32 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Yeah, she can't be dead-dead. But doesn't it seem like she's been dead for too long already? Don't people start getting brain damage and stuff? Oh, but seeing McDreamy crying in the hallway? So, so sad!

I can't wait 'til Thursday.

February 19, 2007 5:55 PM  
Blogger a.d. said...

Denny was Izzy's patient. Izzy tried to no avail to save his life, which resulted in her suspension that just ended thanks to the Chief... I sobbed while watching, and for the record, I'm not a cryer.

February 19, 2007 8:16 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

But how did Izzy FIRST meet him? Remember when he was brought into the hospital last season she said that Alex wasn't half the man that Denny was. How did she know Denny before that?

February 19, 2007 9:49 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Because he was on the previous episode. :)

February 19, 2007 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home