Sunday, February 18, 2007

Handbags and Hockey

What a Saturday. Completely unplanned, Jess and I hit up Towson Mall in search of new handbags (that's purses to you Ohio folk). She was on the lookout for Coach, which I haven't been able to muster up the nerve to buy, and I was on the lookout for Vera Bradley. Both Jess and CJ already have a Vera Bradley bag, so I was definitely due.

SUCCESS! Here is my RED, RED, RED new handbag... complete with SIX pockets on the inside for the loads of stuff that I carry and a matching wallet. I am thrilled. I have used it all day since, and I love it.

In addition to my everyday bag above, I spotted this gorgeous leather laptop bag. It was a fabulous price (what with being FOSSIL and all), and it will take the place of my company-issued vinyl laptop bag. I am SO stylin'.

Next I headed north to pick Joe up for an evening in Hershey, PA. For the record, I've never been to Hershey, but now that I've spotted rollercoasters, I've been promised a summer trip for sure. ANYWAY, some friends had two extra tickets to the Hershey Bears hockey game at Giant Arena, and we decided to grab them last minute.

First of all - what fun! I have only ever been to one hockey game, and that was the Washington Capitals, like, four years ago or something. Contrary to what you may think... hockey is actually rather enjoyable to watch. We had awesome seats - which provided optimal viewing for the number of fights that occurred. Unfortunately, the Bears lost, but the whole experience was great. I had so much fun.

Here are a few decent photos of the game. I actually took a picture of Joe and I, but I hate the way look in it, so you'll have to settle for the dark photo on Jess' blog, here.

Action around the goal.
During the period breaks, a little kid team played. I fell for the little guy in red you see here. He was TINY.
FIGHT! FIGHT!
SCORE! The crowd loved it!
And the final shot is my best action shot of the night. Not a lot to be impressed with, but it will have to do until next time.

I'm off to bed, finally. Goodnight!

6 Comments:

Blogger a.d. said...

Your Fossil laptop bag is awesome (I should know, I bought the same one awhile back)! I am envious of your Vera bag -- the color is great!

February 18, 2007 3:13 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Thanks, a.d! I was worried that the straps on the laptop bag may hurt my shoulders. Have you had that problem at all? And thank you for the link. It's good to meet new folks in the city. :)

February 18, 2007 3:35 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

Wow. What a day! The bags are pretty. And the hockey game looks fun. Never been to a hockey game, but I have been to Hershey Park. That is where, on a Girl Scout trip in 4th grade or so, I went on my first roller coaster. And on the way home our van broke down!

February 18, 2007 6:01 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Sounds like fun. The red bag is really cute. I have never been to Hershey but I heard they have a chocolate spa there.

February 18, 2007 8:04 PM  
Blogger Russ, Jess, and Sam said...

So glad you love the purse! It is super cute on you. More importantly..what a fun time I had shopping with you. I so needed a girly shopping trip..you are the best! Time to post a pic of you and Joe on your blog, girl!!

February 18, 2007 10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah-TIME TO POST A PIC OF YOU AND MY BROHAM (ok, that is my nickname for my brother, and I have not a clue as to why? LOL)
Listen to what your fans are asking for!!
~Annie

February 20, 2007 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home