Sunday, March 25, 2007

So Long, Farewell

I've lived in this apartment for nearly 2 1/2 years. I just realized that this morning. Huh.

Today I was awoken by the sounds of men shouting on my block. Turns out that my neighbors across the street - who I have had very little interaction with - are moving. Two guys who, you know, wear big baggy pants and sleeveless jerseys all year long, and their extended family of men who all look like the guys from Orange County Choppers.

So I watched for awhile as they passed box springs, mattresses and other heavy furniture out of the second story window, yelling at each other from the truck, the street, the stoop, and the windows. And then I saw it.





My car. Directly in front of their house. For a second I thought that I should throw on some jeans and run out to move my car, but that thought quickly faded when I realized that they had three vehicles, all with wooden trailers, blocking the street. F!

So I've been watching on and off for a few hours, hoping that I won't be drawn back to the window after hearing the loud *bang* of something being dropped on my car. I can just vaguely remember them moving in, but I realize now that two houses have moved in and out since I lived here, and four others have moved out completely. I also have an unusually high number of homes for sale on my block - four - and soon there will be two for rent.

I'm becoming a fixture on my street. How interesting to be that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Double Dogged said...

I hope they didn't forget the cat in basement window! I hate moving!

March 26, 2007 7:24 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

You sound like you could use some Karoke at Walts when you get down and out. You got the voice now use it

April 05, 2007 2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home