Monday, March 19, 2007

Magical Thinking

That's the book I am listening to now. It's a collection of short stories by Augusten Burroughs, the author of Running with Scissors, and its sequel, Dry. When I first read those books, I bought the actual physical copies of them and read the words straight off of the page, but this time I downloaded a book from iTunes. Isn't technology strange?

Just to clarify, my priority is still starting Laura Lippman's books... but after perusing the selection on iTunes, I decided that I actually want to READ her books, instead of listen to them. I have a 'thing' about buying books that I believe I'll really enjoy. I want to be that old lady with a collection of excellent books that I have read throughout my life.

As for Magical Thinking, it's car noise. It's funny, don't get me wrong, but I can steadily work through the nine hours of listening time while driving to and from work or Joe's, so it seems like a more valuable use of time than listening to, let's say, Wilson Phillips. Goodness gracious. I'm trying to be practical even in the car. I'm a lost cause, aren't I?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rissa,

I am reading In a strange city by Laura Lippman, it makes me miss your city and you more.
Her writing style is fun and full of quirks, I love quirks.
You are going to enjoy them.

Love ya,

March 19, 2007 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home