Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ten on Tuesdays

1. Tyler Hicks' new album ROCKS. I just love the song Runaround. I can't get enough of it. Even if you hate American Idol you should give this song a listen. It's just fun.
2. Speaking [writing] of fun, I love Brandi Carlile, a singer that Marie recommended to me in Sunday's post. She's like a chilled, folk-like Janis Joplin or something. Very acoustic. Very raw. Too cool.
3. Why is it that I am incapable of drinking milk after the "fresh" date? Everyone is always telling me that milk is still good for a few days after that date, but I can't do it. I'd pour a whole gallon down the drain before I'd drink it after that date.
4. My apartment is clean. It smells clean. God bless linen spray.
5. I need a haircut. And I need my highlights done. I so don't want to spend $100 on my hair so I keep putting it off, but I am going to a trade show later this month and I'm going to look raggedy by then if I don't force myself to make an appointment.
6. I miss Lee's ice cream. At my old job there was a Lee's ice cream place right across the street from work. For my non-Baltimore readers, this is a local ice cream company. They make mint brownie ice cream, and it's just unreal. Yum.
7. Still lovin' on Eddie Izzard... Joe and I watched The Riches Monday night, and I'm already a fan. Did anyone else see this? I think I freaked Joe out when I pulled out my collection of Eddie Izzard memorabilia. I have about a half dozen signed photos and a variety of tapes and other knick-knacks. Sorry, babe. I have an Eddie addiction. :P
8. I need to figure out a way to get to bed earlier. 11 PM would be terrific. I don't know why I have a hard time getting to bed before then. I just can't convince myself. I need to grow up.
9. It was 68 degrees today! If I go out tonight - I might be able to wear a spring top!
10. Is it Friday yet?

5 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Apparently it's going to be cold Thursday again. BAH.

March 13, 2007 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3. Why is it that I am incapable of drinking milk after the "fresh" date?

You should be more careful of who you date then... *snicker*

March 13, 2007 10:06 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

I have the same issue with milk. I try smelling it to convince myself it is okay. In fact I poured out half a gallon at work today.

March 13, 2007 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy milk in cardboard containers with the twist off top. The milk lasts twice as long and the vitamins and nutrients are all there because the light isn't sucking them out. I just bought a half gallon today and the expiration date is April 6. Absolutley no reason I shouldn't be able to finish it. Have I mentioned I miss you?!

March 14, 2007 1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can drink milk longer then the "fresh" date. That is really a "sell by" date.

You did drink it past that date when you were a kid, I gave it too you. Smell it, you can tell.

love ya

Mom

March 14, 2007 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home