Tuesday, April 03, 2007

God Help Us Should We Ever Need To Evacuate

Seriously.

I'm sure I'm not the only reverse-commuter here. I live in East Baltimore, and I trek through the city and northbound on route 83 every weekday. Today... was horrible. Wait, I'm from Bawlmer. It was haarrible.

This morning there was an accident on the JFX. I usually hop on Fayette from the east side and drive downtown to Presidents where I turn onto 83. This morning Fayette was bumper to bumper. About halfway downtown, I turned north and tried to work my way up and over to 83 rather than fight my way down Fayette. It took me forever, but I made it to Mt Vernon, where police were blocking traffic from 83 completely. Discouraged, I headed up N Charles and towards Druid Hill Park, where I was finally able to get on 83 at 28th St.

What a freakin' mess!

Please don't get me wrong... I truly feel for the folks injured. It was a terrible accident, after all. I'm not even complaining about the fact that I was well over an hour late for work. It's the people. They were driving the wrong way down one way streets! Cars were stalling, drivers were cutting people off, and we were all practically parked at all times. It was ridiculous. Accidents happen. I get that. But if anything truly horrible happens in this city - we're all goners.

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

Are you sure you weren't driving in Florida today?

April 03, 2007 9:31 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Thank goodness for county living. :)

April 03, 2007 9:40 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

What a horrible accident. And people always make those situations worse b/c they have no patience and no sense.

April 03, 2007 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home