Friday, March 30, 2007

Orlando: Recapped and Revisited

I saw the Foo Fighters live this week. Better yet, I was about 30 feet from them. One of the work parties in Orlando was at Universal Citywalk. It was a private party, which was pretty cool. So we go there, eat little hamburgers, crabcakes, sushi, drink fancy drinks (ok, I had Corona) and watched the Foo Fighters play. They actually said at the top of the show, "We just love playing office parties." Haha.
Other than the fact that I am too short to get a great view (because I didn't rush the stage), it was a great venue for the show. All of my photos are sorta blurry and have the tops of peoples heads in them. It's sort of aggravating, but I'm lucky to have been there at all.

The second night my company hosted a party at The House of Blues in Downtown Disney. There were too many vendors and customers there, so I didn't take any photos that I am going to post here, but it was awesome. It was kind of dark and rustic inside, and the "Blues Brothers" (notice the quotes) performed on a stage in the middle of the place. Our company logo was on blinky ice cubes, rubix cubes, napkins, and there were even ice sculptures of our logo. To top it off, there was an ice luge. I'm not kidding. I was shocked.

The rest of my time in Orlando was busy but far less exciting. I spent three days in breakfast meetings, vendor meetings, and running all over the convention center. For the record, I did not visit the location in the convention center where I had my seizure. I thought about it, but J, a friend at work, told me to let it go. So I did. *sigh*

So now I'm home, and the blog world seems quite. Is everyone too busy to blog? Are you all sick? What's going on out there?

2 Comments:

Blogger julie said...

That sounds pretty good for a business trip! Welcome back. I have a week of training in Reno coming up. I can't quite decide whether that's a good or bad thing.

March 31, 2007 2:26 AM  
Blogger Jamaila said...

We are not sick, we are destroying our house. Again. You should totally come over and swing a crowbar! It's fun! ;)

March 31, 2007 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home