Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The "30" Project #16

I won a look-alike contest.

Okay, so maybe this isn't an "accomplishment" because it's just about how I looked at the time, but oh well. When I was in college, I won an Elaine Benes (from Seinfeld) look-alike contest. I don't have a photo, but I used to wear my hair curly and in a similar (but not so big) barrette-puff thing that Elaine always wore. Wasn't that in style back then?

After the contest, the Jerry and George winners and I (they were about ten years my senior and local comedians) would meet up at a comedy club and chat every so often. I know that both of their names are Mike, but we never called each other by our names... I'd walk into a bar or restaurant and hear, "Elaaaiiinnnneeee...." It was always a nice surprise.

On occasion, I am still told that I look like her... most recently by a coworker who has to look at me all day. I think it's probably facial expressions at this point, but it's fun to hear every once in awhile anyway.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, memories! I remember the night very well. In fact, I am not sure you even wanted to enter. But you were a dead ringer in those days for sure.

June 27, 2007 1:11 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

It was in style back then. Sadly I have a friend who hasn't put that hair style in the past yet. Maybe I should bring up Seinfeld?

June 27, 2007 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home