Monday, June 25, 2007

The "30" Project #14

I've written two children's books.

But neither published. True. I consider these accomplishments because I think they actually might be worthy of being published. Really. I do. One is titled "The Midnight Jamboree," and it is about the party that a child's toys have after she/he has gone to sleep. The other, which is considerably better and hits a little closer to home, is called, "A Girl and Her Dog." I'll give you ten seconds to guess my inspiration - but you won't even need ten seconds.

I think I might dig this one out especially. It's sweet, charming and a pleasant read (OMG, I'm bragging!), and I'm quite proud of it. I had planned to follow it up with a book called, "A Boy and His Cat," but I'm not sure it has the same effect as a girl and her dog. Maybe the follow up can be "A Boy and His Frog," or something. They could be a series like the 'Shoe' books, except with kids and animals.

If and when I remember where I stored it, I'll post some of it here. I can't bring myself to look too much for it right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

That is so cool. Aubrey is learning to read. She read her first word last week. So if you need a guinea pig let us know.

June 25, 2007 9:06 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

I would love to see those. I wrote "books" when I was a kid, but no children's books. I bet yours are better than Madonna's. ;) Kids and animals are always so money.

June 25, 2007 9:42 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

don't post them, SEND THEM TO A PUBLISHER!! just try...you never know!

June 26, 2007 9:26 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

I agree with Marie. That's cool that you've written two books!!!! :)

June 26, 2007 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home