Monday, June 25, 2007

The "30" Project #15

I've modeled. Sort of.

I've wondered over the last year if I would ever share this publicly on the blog, but I'm turning 30 so why the hell not? Women, by our very hormonal nature, are self-conscious about our bodies... but a number of years ago I modeled for a class of folks learning how to airbrush for theatre. It was hours and hours of sitting while they airbrushed my hair, my arms and my face over and over again. The final project was a full body airbrush of me... as a leopard.

The photo above is of the instructor airbrushing the cat features on my face. The air was compressed and cold, and in addition, I'm a giggler, so it was tough to keep a straight face. This photo to the left is of me sitting while students took turns using a leopard print stencil all over my body.



So here's the finished product. I suppose I'd do it again (after I lose the weight that I want), but this was really tough on the self-confidence. It was a cool experience, and I got paid (not much), but mostly, it was one of those weird opportunities to do something you never thought you'd try. And that feels kinda cool.

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

I am most impressed by the fact that you sat still that long. :)

June 25, 2007 9:07 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

it was so cool that you got to do this!

June 26, 2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Did anyone try to pet you when you were a kitty cat?

June 27, 2007 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home