Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Guest Blogging: Charissa's Mom

Happy Birthday Rissa.

It was a good day thirty years ago when you were born. You were so small, my little armful.

I had read before you were born how to make connections with a newborn so I tried it, I looked into your eyes and you looked back, your eyes were locked on mine …… I stuck out my tongue. I did it whenever I held you and you just stared. On the third day though, you copied me, you stuck you tongue out at me. I checked and yes you were mimicking me. Maybe that doesn't sound like much to you but I knew that you were connected. That you were thinking. Three days old and I knew that my baby was going to do well.

Your sister and you have always been the light of my life. You are both so different but have so much in common, it is a delight.

You have always made me very proud. You are strong and determined, kind and have a lot of love to give, you are generous and willing to help a person in need, you are loyal and forgiving, you are smart and funny (funny is good, boring is bad). I could go on my love but I want you to know that your dad and I have always thought you were the bees knees (you like that old expression – from the 1920’s).

I wish you lived closer but it is ok that you are in Baltimore. I love the city too. It was foreshadowed that you would go where you wanted and do what you wanted to do. Determined people can be like that.

You come home as often as you can because you love big.

We miss you, little punk. Have a good birthday.

All my love, mom

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Mother's words of love of a child have no greater strength. Well said.

July 10, 2007 7:01 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

What a blessing... to KNOW and be told that you are the "bees knees" by one of the most important people ever. Rock on Charissa's mom!!!

July 10, 2007 7:17 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

sniff sniff that is about the sweetest thing :) i love your mom :)

July 10, 2007 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto marie... charissa's mom rocks. Happy Birthday, my friend. bein' 30 ain't so bad :) I see great things for you this year.

July 10, 2007 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home