Saturday, November 03, 2007

Baltimore Blogger Octovember Happy Hour!

What fun! Last night was our Blogger Happy Hour at Holy Frijoles in Hampden. It was a fairly large turnout as happy hours go, and there was a mix of 'regulars' as well as some new (and some old) faces. Although Snay is our honorary archivist for Blogger Happy Hours, I thought as co-host (with Danielle) I should give naming everyone a try.

Bloggers were in abundance, and they included Snay, Anger Hangover (minus one LF), Johnny $ (and wife $), Broadsheet, Zenchick, JJT, Summer (and hubby), Baltimore Snacker, Anonymous Coworker (and lovely wife), JWER, Ancestral Pile (and manservant), Angie (and Donna), Your Neighborhood Librarian, Cheese, Grin without a Cat, Technology & MSG, Wagner's House, Berlow's Freak Show (blogger formally known as The Cynicism of Diogenes), Viddy This, islendingabull, Drama Duchess and one out of town visitor, Atlanta Social (and husband).Am I forgetting anyone?

It was a really fabulous turnout, and we celebrated two birthdays: Johnny $ and JJT. Plans ranging from our next happy hour, drag queen bingo, Darkover, a visit to the shooting range and a fusing glass meetup were begun, and it was also a late night, since JWER, Broadsheet, JJT, Anger Hangover and I closed the happy hour (not the bar) down. For me, I experienced a small scare when I got home as a result of my apartment smelling like gas (one pilot light on the stove top was out), but after resolving that situation, I fell asleep on the couch like one class A drinking blogger.

There were some missing faces this time around, though, despite the good turnout, so keep a lookout for our next group event so that you all can join us the next go around. A few photos to be posted shortly, and remember to check out Blogger Zombies for blogger event updates! Ciao!

Update: Photos!

Your hosts for this evening - Danielle and Me!

Jon and I show off our crowns.

A Charissa sandwich - love from JWER and Snay. (I totally swapped out my original photo for this one from Danielle... MUCH better.)




I wish I could post more, but some of our bloggers are private folk, so their identities must remain a mystery to those that don't frequent these events. For shame.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 03, 2007 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know when we left, but when did you close it down?

November 03, 2007 10:25 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

was way cool!
i pieblogged it!

cc: danielle

November 03, 2007 10:56 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

You can post my photo, I don't mindza.

November 03, 2007 12:09 PM  
Blogger jwer said...

I don't mind, either, but it'd be a shame not to have Wakko head... it's fa-BOO...

November 03, 2007 3:04 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

Thanks for the great write-up co-host. Drama Duchess was also there.

November 03, 2007 5:27 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

awesomeist. picture. ever.

November 03, 2007 5:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm still just a bag in a tree.

November 03, 2007 9:21 PM  
Blogger John said...

I'm posting some photos about it now! It took me this long. But it's in haiku so I'm trying to make it worth the wait :D

November 06, 2007 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home