Saturday, October 27, 2007

Alzheimer's Memory Walk

There's nothing like walking 2.5 miles in the pouring rain, but that's what we did today. Today was the culmination of a few months worth of fundraising - over $10k in total - that peaked when 70some of us from my Company walked at 9:30 this morning in the rain.

At least it was 68 degrees or so, but wet shoes, socks, and pants still feel cold at 68 degrees.

Here's a shot of the drive to Towson this morning. There was no real indication of better things to come, unfortunately.





Me and Angie. I'm not crazy about my crooked smile in this one, but oh well, it's the one I have.


Walkers, walkers, and more walkers. Most everyone had umbrellas, but a few folks didn't - I can't imagine. It was really great when passing cars didn't slow down and splashed us all with water. People are so nice.

And the Pièce de résistance - me and my 'in honor of' badge. I hope that I honored your loved ones by raising money and walking today for Alzheimer's. Thank you for your donations and your support. I am grateful.

4 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

THANKS RISSA!

October 27, 2007 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cha Cha, my dear,

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for walking for this dreaded disease. Please know you hold a very special place in our hearts. (By the way, your badge of honor brought tears to my eyes and my heart).

Love, Nan

October 27, 2007 11:27 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Is that Stephen's Hall in the blurry photo?

October 28, 2007 12:08 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

Thank You! And, you looked stylish and cute even though you were all wet.

October 29, 2007 4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home