Friday, October 19, 2007

Exhausted

The last two days have been nuts. On Thursday we had a company event at M&T Bank Stadium (Ravens' Stadium) where teams from my company competed against each other in punt, pass and kick games. I didn't compete - I cheered - but it's a neat opportunity to spend time on the field of an NFL team. Afterwards, we went up to the club level, where we ate and drank and were generally merry. Haha. This year was a bit different than last year, though, because a good 15-20 folks from work came out with me to see Wes play in Canton. I fully admit that I stayed up too late, drank too much, and - as a result - spent all day today extremely uncomfortable.

Today felt the longest day. I dropped off my car at the mechanic on the way in to work, and after an oil change and bulb changes, they diagnosed the creaking that I've been hearing as a "bad" ball joint. He said it's getting "play" or something, which essentially means it's going bad. Cost? He quoted me $400. I called the dealership and he quoted mt $290. I made an appointment for Monday.

I spent all day feeling like I wanted to be in bed, and honestly, it took major effort to buckle down and get work done. I was supposed to meet a bunch of gals after work for drinks, but I had to cancel because even by 5 PM I didn't feel much better. I came home, ate soup, and fell asleep on the couch for an hour and a half. Now I feel better - but not great. Still, I wish I had been able to go. I bet they had so much fun.

On top of all of this, I am reluctant to admit that I am feeling the exact same pain with my temporary crown that I did when my tooth was in tact. That's not good. Not at all. I'm not a dentist, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to need a root canal. I don't know why else my tooth would be so sensitive to pressure. I don't know how much root canals cost, but I've already paid $400 for my crown. This is just not my month. I have an entire credit card to pay off within two weeks, a car repair, a crown and a potential root canal. I am feeling extremely uncomfortable - both physically and mentally.

*sigh*

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

Sending love and happy thoughts your way. I can sympathize with a rough month.

October 21, 2007 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home