Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wednesday...

Thanks for all of the info and well wishes. This morning was a bit rough for me, but I feel a lot better more than 24 hours after the procedure. I'm a bit sore and very tired, but I have a feeling that I will continue to feel better from here. Of course, getting a facial (and nap during the facial) after work didn't hurt. :)

Unrelated - but possibly because an achy tooth makes me feisty - I was at Target today and some guy completely cut me off in line. I let it go (what was I going to do?) and watched him as he tossed the items in his basket one by one onto the conveyor. I just had a facial, so I sighed and ignored it. Fast forward a few minutes later and he is paid and packed up. The cashier starts scanning and bagging my items, and the guy won't move. He's reading his receipt right in front of the credit card machine where you scan and sign. I waited about ten seconds (as he continued to read his receipt), and finally said, "excuse me." He didn't look at me, he didn't jump, but slowly grabbed his bags (one at a time) and only moved after he was holding his bags and they were properly weighted in his hands.

It probably had nothing to do with anything, but it actually felt sexist... or that's how it came across. He never looked at me or recognized that I even existed, and he seemed entitled to be wherever was convenient for him.

I'm not angry, just surprised by his behavior. It was silently degrading, you know?

5 Comments:

Blogger epiphanyinbmore said...

Being invisible to others while shopping doesn't seem like a male/female thing. It happens to me from time to time as well.

October 24, 2007 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people are just freakin' rude. They seem to get off on taking their space and yours too.
It's a power issue and has nothing to do with you..... these guys usually have short fuses,if you were a guy who "called" him on it, there may have been a fight.
Don't they just make you sigh?

October 24, 2007 10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An undetectable shiv comes in handy at those kinds of moments.

But thats just me, you know.

October 24, 2007 11:14 PM  
Blogger jwer said...

I'm always impressed how calm you stay in these situations; I once shouted for about 5 minutes at a retired woman in a CVS who left the line to go shop more, then came back and went right back to the front. While I still think she needed yelling at, I recognize that your response would certainly have been more useful to me.

Oh yeah, and, glad you feel better.

:o)

October 25, 2007 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an a-hole =/

October 25, 2007 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home