Thursday, October 25, 2007

Irked & Irritable

My day started out great, it really did. I have been focusing on some last minute fundraising for the Memory Walk this weekend, and it was like Pay It Forward all morning. One after another folks started donating - some I've never even spoke to about donating - and I felt inspired and optimistic and wonderful. It was a great morning.

Then something happened, like a switch was flipped, and everything went in reverse - one thing after another, over and over and ending with me getting superglue on my fingers. No, they aren't stuck together, but I spent all evening scraping the glue off with the edge of a pair of scissors.

Ho hum. And now I'm moderately cranky, and I hate me like that.

On top of this, I discovered that my Halloween costume hasn't shipped yet. I ordered it on 10/20 with two day shipping. *Sigh* I could rant right now, but I've sent an email and made a phone call, and nothing that I do within the next 6 or 10 hours is going to make a difference, so what's the point? I just wish I could end my day with something happy. Nothing big and crazy happy, I don't need that. Just something subtle. Something small. Something just big enough to get the ball rolling, you know?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you need is some nice meatball soup, with fresh Italian bread and lot of butter. And maybe Abba music in the background.

The walk will be great. You are going with a friend, you are doing good things for others, it is it's own reward.

I am proud. Sleep well.

October 26, 2007 2:40 AM  
Blogger Double Dogged said...

Things tend to work out!

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

October 26, 2007 6:29 AM  
Blogger John said...

Cookies. Chocolate top cookies. From Geresbeck's if possible. And/or the wine or beer of your choice (my preference is Guinness).

The costume people sound like assholes. Who are they, so I will know never to do business with them?

October 26, 2007 6:24 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

how about me coming to Baltimore to visit? Does that make you happy? I have a friend in the My Fair Lady tour and they are coming to your town on November 5 for 2 weeks and I miss her and I miss you, so what better way to cure the blues than by seeing friends!!!

October 26, 2007 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home