Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Weekend in Review

Very tired.

Yesterday Jodi and I went shopping, and then we went to see Jazmin in My Fair Lady at the Hippodrome. The show was AMAZING. I had no idea that this is the West End (London) revival production until Jodi told me, and there were a few changes/additions to the show - like the Stomp version of A Little Bit of Luck - that were incredible, and really made the show slightly more modern without sacrificing any of the show's integrity.

After the performance, we met Jazmin and the cast and crew more drinks at a local bar and then had a girl's sleepover in her hotel room. So, so fun... but the unfortunate thing was that I had to get up early and go home to let out Antonio, so like I said at the beginning of this post, I'm very tired.

After almost no sleep, we cleaned ourselves up, ate, and headed to the Ravens' game with CJ and Nicole. For Jodi and I, this was our very first professional football game, so it was a very big deal (even though the Ravens ended up losing the game - that sucked). During the pre-game, there was a full marching band, video messages from the troops, an amazing rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, and three C130s flew low over the stadium. When the players came out, there was tons of smoke and fire, and the cheerleaders (yes, we watched them) did a lot of cool stunts. NFL games are very carnival-like - there was so much going on in addition to the game.

Here's Jodi and I all layered up in 40 degree weather...

CJ (yes, that's her hand) and Nicole...

And Nicole and me.











Right now Jodi is crying so hard she's laughing at Extreme Home Makeover (I took a picture of her, but that's just mean). We're waiting to see if Jazmin will want a late dinner after tonight's show, before I drop Jodi off at the bus station tomorrow and head to work. I've been so lucky to spend this time with Jodi, see a wonderful show, meet Jazmin (who is really great, by the way), and go with CJ and Nicole (they're great girls) to my first ever professional football game.

I hate when weekends like this come to an end.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I hate when they come to an end too! I love you and I had a great time. I love that I am sitting next to you on your couch writing this on your laptop...

November 11, 2007 9:24 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

I'm so glad you and Jodi had such a great weekend! The spectacle of an NFL game is fun. I always love the marching band, because I will forever be a band nerd.

November 12, 2007 1:43 PM  
Blogger jpb2525 said...

Im glad you both had such a great weekend. Hey - tell Jodi she should come out to Chicago to see Jazmin here!!!! I would love to go with her (so would Steve) of course you are invited as well...you can crash out our new home.....what do you think?????

November 13, 2007 3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home