Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Someone Fix This, Please

This I/O device error occurred when copying videos from a CD to my hard drive. Seven other videos copied without a problem off of the same CD, but this file won't copy. I tried copying this file from both of my installed DVD drives. Note: It will play off the CD.

I tried the fix online, but I don't care if it says it's for Vista - it isn't. The menus aren't the same. (For instance, there's no "Advanced" tab on either of the drives in Device Manager, so I can't change the transfer modes. Here's a screen shot of my two DVD drives.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit OS. Help?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a CD and not DVD? Are you running Vista SP-1, and are your drivers up to date? Additionally, you may want to look into updating the firmware of both drives.

I would also suggest looking at HandBrake, but that is more for DVDs than what appears to be CDs.

There are some suggestions on some forums to turn off the Volume Shadow Copy capability in Vista on all drives. There is a forum which details this same issue with backup drives, but the issue is effectively similar. Check out the thread here.

April 24, 2008 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home