Monday, May 19, 2008

It's Oh So Cold

Why? Why is it 57 degrees? I just want to sleep with my window open, but tonight it will be 50 degrees, and there's no way I'll sleep well if it's 50 degrees in my room. Grrr...

No, I'm not irritable. I'm actually feeling pretty good considering I have another big event at work this week that I'm managing (remember the last one?). I don't feel panicky or worried almost at all, but I'm anxious to be on the other side of it. I'm looking forward to getting back that balance of work and play that I had going for so many months. It's been way too easy to drown myself in work again. So says the workaholic, right?

It's only Monday, but I feel the need for a list. What I'd do this week if I wasn't doing what I'm doing (wow - I'm so well spoken).

1. Sleeping late(r than usual). I'm determined to be on time/early all week, but oh, how I hate getting up in the morning.
2. Eating better. It was so hard not to buy the chocolate ice cream today at Safeway, but somehow I did it. Now if I could lay off of the soda and pretzels, I'd be great.
3. Watching movies. I miss going to the movies. Movies and a blue raspberry icee.
4. Decorating my deck. I still haven't hung the stars and lights, and I want to so desperately. Maybe Saturday...
5. Walking the dog. Poor Antonio hasn't been walked properly in a number of days. Sure, I could use the rain as one excuse (he won't walk in the rain), but much of it is my distraction. He deserves more walks.
6. Riding rollercoasters. I'm going to get to Cedar Point this year if it kills me. If I was a better planner, this next weekend would have been perfect, but it's too close to my last Ohio visit and this work event. Oh, to ride front seat down a 90 degree hill... I miss it.
7. Playing PC games. It's such a release for me. I can probably find time in this weekend to finish one or two.
8. And lastly, being creative. That class this weekend brought out my creative side again. I need another outlet because I can feel myself craving it. Maybe a few hours of papercrafts? Maybe photography? I dunno... but I need to think of something.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All about #6. I was just commenting the other day about how I need some roller coaster in my life this summer. Don't think I've enjoyed one since the Halloween trip to King's Dominion. Far too long. I'll be envious of your Cedar Point experience.

May 20, 2008 10:10 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Oh yeah!! Riding Hypersonic about 4 times in a row because no one else was in line was awesome. That's beyond plain luck. Although I'll be passing next time on the haunted house. Those people freaked me out.

May 21, 2008 12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed. Lesson learned: go ride roller coasters when the weather is less than ideal. No lines.

May 22, 2008 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home