Thursday, May 08, 2008

Antonio Has A Problem

Really. I gave him a new toy fox over 24 hours ago and not only is it still in tact, but he is OBSESSED with it. So obsessed, in fact, that he didn't sleep in bed with me last night. He slept with his toy under the futon. All night. This is so uncharacteristic for Antonio.

When I left for work this morning he was under the futon with his toy. When I got home from work he was under the futon with his toy. I was home for 30 minutes before I had to FORCE him to go outside to go potty. And when he did go, he was more excited than I've never seen him to get back inside to the toy.

I just don't get it. This toy fox is like doggie cocaine. Like cat doggie-nip. And what is most disconcerting, is that the consensus at work is that Antonio thinks this toy is - ahem - his girlfriend (wink, wink). Is this possible? How creepy is that?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Antonio seem happy with his new toy? Maybe you should just let time pass and see if he gives up this obsession, if you take it away he may grieve.
Take him to the little dog park this weekend or visit friends with little dogs.
Maybe it is ok - children like teddy bears and dolls, no one thinks that hurts them.

Mom

May 08, 2008 11:50 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

Oh how I love Antonio Banderas De La Costa

May 09, 2008 10:08 AM  
Blogger danielle said...

Isn't it good that he likes his new toy/friend? I bet he'll outgrow this obsession soon and move on to the next fun and exciting thing.

May 09, 2008 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! oh how I love that Cassie called him by his whole name!!! (I am saying it outloud as I type)... I love that he is in love. Let him have some fun, I say. If he starts talking to it and offering to do it's laundry, then you may want to consider therapy.

- Jessie (P)

May 09, 2008 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dog did the same kind of thing a couple years ago. He got a new toy, and forgot about everything else.

May 14, 2008 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home