Saturday, May 03, 2008

Saturday in the City with Cassie

I slept in today. No... the belly is not okay yet. I think I know what it is, but it's unlady-like to say so on the blog (and no, it's not prego). Time (and mylanta) may just fix it.

So I met Cassie and Jordyn at Vegiterranean, Chrissie Hynde's vegan restaurant in downtown Akron. Yes, that Chrissie Hynde from The Pretenders. She's from Ohio, too. (In case you haven't picked up on it, Ohio produces a lot of cool people.)

Back to the restaurant - OMG the food was delicious. Cassie and I had "The True Rockin' Burger" ('Corky's' famous Veggie Burger served with Italian seasonings, Beefsteak Tomato, Greens and Red Onion with Soy Mozzarella and Balsamic Ketchup ) and Tuscan Fries with Rosemary Soy Butter and Tofu Ricotta, and it was one of the tastiest burgers I've ever had. It was amazing (see photo of half eaten burger). You all know I'm a red meat kind of girl, but this burger showed that even veggie burgers can be scrumptious. (Katie - you're coming with me next time, okay?)

Jordyn tried a pickle - which I think she actually liked after a few tastes, but I got this great photo of her first reaction. Isn't it funny?

What's weird about hanging out with these two is that they are IDENTICAL. Cassie has a son, Conner, who looks just like his dad. And then Cassie has Jordyn, and Jordyn looks just like her mom. It's so amazing how much they look alike.

After yummy food, we all went to Summit Mall which in undergoing some cool renovations. It still seems super small compared to malls in Baltimore, but it's the same fancy-schmancy mall it has always been. I shopped a little for a shirt for tonight, and it felt sooooo gooood. I haven't been clothes shopping since December. I'm glad I had Cassie with me and somewhere to be, because it could have gotten really bad very fast. I heart shopping.

Well, I'm off the glam up for Calista's big night. Love you, Cassie. I had so much fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

yea! fun!!! wish i could have been there!

May 04, 2008 8:51 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

Love you too Rissa, It was such a great day. Looking forward to more fun in September!

May 04, 2008 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That baby looks just like her mama - so pretty.

Mom

May 06, 2008 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home