Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Katie!

Today is both (tgi)Friday and Katie's Birthday. As much as I'm looking forward to the festivities of both, there's just something to be said for waking up to a light rain outside of my open window. Mmmmm... this is definitely a 'stay in bed all morning' kind of day.

My apartment is the top floor of a rowhouse, so I have two vents/skylights with lead glass that lead up to through the roof. I think these are so often taken for granted, but I love the sound of rain on the lead glass. There's nothing like waking up - whether at 4 AM or 7 AM - to the sound of methodically drumming rain. (Include some thunder and lightning, and that's what I call a perfect night.)

But it's Friday, isn't it? So I'll finish getting ready, head off to work, and be contented that both the weekend and Katie's happy hour are just ten short hours away.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

AWW, you rock lady! Thanks for the birthday wishes... see you shortly for birthday beverages :-)

May 16, 2008 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same vent/skylight thing and I love the way the rain sounds. In fact, I'm listening to it right now. Ahhh...

May 16, 2008 9:10 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

I love my vent/skylight... but I just found out that the puddle of water that is occasionally underneath it (on my hall floor) is due to high winds blowing the rain in. Needs a bigger cap or something. Just glad it isn't a roof leak. So yeah, it's a love/hate relationship, really.

Also the pigeons try to stand on it and make all sorts of noise. Drives the cats crazy. I think it's hilarious.

May 16, 2008 9:56 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

Awww... I wish I had that. I love the rain and thunder & lightning.

May 16, 2008 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home