Sunday, June 22, 2008

1:30 AM Update

My brother in law is okay. After a number of tests, they found nothing terribly significant and believe the worst damage is tissue damage. He did have what we believe to be a seizure this morning... but because he didn't hit his head when he fell I guess they're not overly concerned about that. Weird. I do know that a surprising number of people have at least one seizure in their lives with no apparent cause. Maybe they're just assuming it's stress (?), but I'll be sure to give my sister and brother in law a call tomorrow to check in and see how he is doing. For now I think everything has turned out better than expected, and I am so relieved.

Tonight some blogger folks gathered to BBQ and Guitar Hero/Rockband. I am happy to say that I was able to eat ribs and enjoy them... which is a real feat because the last time I ate ribs I got about halfway into my portion before I had to stop because I over thought what it was exactly that I was eating. I think earlier tonight I said it had been ten years since I'd eaten ribs, but realistically, it has probably been five years or so. I tend to get creeped out when I eat food that so obviously looks like where it came from. But tonight... I overcame. :) Ribs are yummy.

Okay, I'm off to bed. I've been drinking non-Coronas for a few hours (does it really matter what they were if they weren't Coronas?), and I'm sleepy. Thanks, J for the ride. Thanks ACWs for the BBQ. Hugs and goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home