Sunday, June 15, 2008

Rainy Days and Weddings

I was the "guest" at a wedding yesterday, so I knew no one except the boy I went with. The ceremony was at 5 PM with reception immediately afterward on the property. For those Maryland readers, you might recall that it rained yesterday afternoon/evening, so it may be additionally humorous for me to add the it was an outdoor wedding. Yep.

The ceremony was to take place on the front lawn of the bride's dad's house, and even with the rain delay, we all sat through the ceremony sitting in wet folding chairs. Many had umbrellas, and those who didn't stood under trees or (in my case) used the bulletin (is it called a bulletin?) to cover my head. Most of us looked at least partially drenched by the time it was over, so not only didn't I know anyone, but I looked a mess. Ah fun...

Hey, anyone ever heard of Jay Henley? It was his brother who was married yesterday. Apparently this guy is pretty good. Let me know what you think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

I think it's called a program. :)

June 15, 2008 4:19 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I hope the reception was fun and that the drinks were flowing???

June 15, 2008 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home