Thursday, June 05, 2008

I Gave In

And installed the air conditioner. It has been so hot the last few days that I knew it was coming, but you can't blame me for wanting to hold it off as long as I could. With exception to the temperature improvement, I hate air conditioning air. It smells fake-like, doesn't it? And who likes fake air?

I'm tired. Last night Nicole and I met up at Canton Dockside for dinner. OMG it was fun. It was really the first time we've hung out on our own, and it was an absolute blast. We've always gotten along, but I guess I never realized how alike we are - we crack each other up. I always love Canton Dockside though, and it was nice for awhile last night so we got to sit outside. We talked, ate, drank, talked football with some guys (and this girl knows her football), and played a little shuffleboard. Yes, shuffleboard. Step off. It was a lot of fun, and I loved it.

On my way home at the end of the night I realized my phone was missing... yep. I looked everywhere and finally realized it might be in Nicole's car. I couldn't call her obviously, so I drove to her house in the middle of the night looking for it. I got lost, she was asleep anyway, and at the end of it all I wasted at least two hours in a state of panic trying to find the thing. As it turns out, she did have it and I got it back this morning. But what a night, eh?

So my exhausted self is going to start uploading the first season of Arrested Development, climb into bed, and watch a season or two of The Hills. A friend at work insists that this is a great show, so I promised to give it a shot. We shall see...

3 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Meanwhile here I am still holding out and not turning on the AC just yet, sweating and sweating everywhere :(

June 05, 2008 11:50 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

I'm about | | <-- that close to turning the AC on for the season myself. The rains were bringing cool air into the house in the evenings/nights, but now that's not happening anymore.

June 06, 2008 8:03 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

The Hills isn't a really good show, but it will suck you in. I am strangely addicted to it and other lame reality shows geared towards teens on MTV. Enjoy... we could talk about hating Speidi- like, seriously!

June 06, 2008 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home