Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

It figures I would wake up with a headache today. Katie came over at 10:30 to see my new deck and have a beer. Four beers later, I passed out in bed and woke up with a cloudy head. Ugh. It was lots of fun to just sit and chat though, and it was the first time I actually spent quality time on the new deck.

Do you like my stars? There's one on each side wall.
And these are my firefly lights. I only hung them in the overhang of the roof instead of around the railing. It's more charming.





Katie and I also invented the rat game. We got points for each time we spotted them, which (thanks to my young neighbor and her backyard made for parties) was easy because there were plenty of trash cans a few yards over that were practically a buffet for the little critters. Our yard is spotless - not one rat (thank God), and lucky for me, my flashlight can light up things a few yards away. Wow... I'm so Baltimore.

4 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

Let's see a picture of the whole deck!!! I'm so curious about all your outdoor goodness. Have a good day relaxing and drinking lots of water.
Oh, and rats??? YICK! I don't think I've ever seen a real rat, unless it was at the pet store. Thank God!

May 26, 2008 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna see! Maybe after work one night this week???

May 26, 2008 3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Decks are always fun, regardless of their size. As for rats, unfortunately, they are abundant in the rat capital that is Baltimore. The Norwegian rat is certainly not our friend.

You need to stop drinking so much Corona.

May 26, 2008 4:31 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Spot-the-Rat the home game can be very easily assembled. All you need is a flashlight, a 6 pack of your favorite beverage and preferably a half eaten sandwich left out by a dirty neighbor. Hours of entertainment!

May 27, 2008 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home