Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Weekend

I was so lazy yesterday. I stayed in all day watching old Cheaters reruns - I love that show. I also decided to do laundry, including the futon cover, which is a pain in the rear. But because the futon was open all day, the animals and I laid on it like we were sunning ourselves on a rock on the African savannah (can you picture it?). Like I said - lazy.

Then last night I double booked. Early on I headed to Little Havana for blogger drinks (happy birthday lovely bloggers!), then came back to Canton for some backyard drinking. Why-oh-why did I do shots? Captain Morgan and vodka jello shots at Canton Cove are not my friends. I probably only had five beers, but those darn shots did me in. I'm hoping to sweat it out on the sunny deck here shortly.(Lovely imagery, I know.)

(I must say that I really love the commentary in parenthesis. I realize it's like having a conversation with myself, but that happens to people when they live alone...)

Today I have few plans except for the following. I hope to get some sort of social time in, too (dinner, anyone?), but with the little headache that I have going on, I can only concentrate on the first part of the day.

1. Recover futon with clean cover - done
2. Do some general cleaning - done
3. Clean cat box
4. Work on tub drain - done
5. Hang planter hooks on deck - done and bought plants! (I feel so handy.)
6. Put tools away - done
7. Put laundry away - done
8. Cook something for lunches
9. Play some more with my N810 Internet Tablet (I likey) - done
10. Visit storage unit (drop off boxes, get fan)
11. Write letters (thanks, Marie, for the idea) - done

Let's see how many of these I can accomplish, if any. Stupid headache.

Oh yeah, and any idea why Sacred Heart keeps ringing their bells? Did someone die? Is there something to celebrate? It can't possibly be because of this (the Catholic church is so freaking 9th century, it's ridiculous). Those bells are keeping me awake, dammit.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you and Antonio like to join us at the Polish festival in Patterson Park sometime this afternoon? Give me a call!

June 01, 2008 9:31 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

i love letters :)

June 01, 2008 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At some point, you would think you would learn one simple maxim when it comes to drinking: "Shots are bad."

June 01, 2008 11:09 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

JJT: I know, but they were friends of new boy, and I felt the need to be liked. Pathetic.. I realize that.

Richie: When? I want to lay out a bit first, but maybe later...

June 01, 2008 11:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yesterday was a great day to sun yourself on a rock. You still got more done today than I did. I forgot to fix my shower drain. SO did ya make it to th Polish fest? My girlfriend and I stopped by, thught it was free, didn't pay the $4 and did a Paterson perimiter pub crawl instad. Great day for a pub crawl. More crawling than pubbing. Cheers

June 01, 2008 9:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate spellchck

June 01, 2008 9:51 PM  
Blogger Carol Ott said...

Now I know who to call when I'm struggling with my duvet cover. :)

June 03, 2008 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home