Wednesday, June 04, 2008

So I Didn't Sleep Well...

...but I did remember what I wanted to mention. Yesterday my friends and I finished the six seasons of OZ, the HBO series. It was actually a good ending, although they definitely took a more philosophical route than we thought. I was happy (yes, happy) to see a few characters die and also glad that my 'favorite' character didn't die... but overall it was still more anti-climactic that I though I'd be. I think it was SC who said that by the time they end it, you don't care how it ends - and although I get that because the last few episodes were sketchy, I didn't feel that for the majority of the season. I really enjoyed the series overall.

So we've watched The Sopranos and OZ, and next we are going to tackle Arrested Development. It was only three seasons, so it should go pretty quick, but we felt we needed a break from drama after the two shows we've watched to date. Any feedback? What should we choose for a third? I want one of the following: Deadwood, Six Feet Under, or Curb Your Enthusiasm, but it has to be something that is no longer airing so that we can watch the whole thing. Thoughts?

8 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Watch the British series Extras. It's over, right? The seasons are short, you can watch it in a night or two.

June 04, 2008 9:16 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

SIX FEET UNDER!!!!

June 04, 2008 9:48 AM  
Blogger danielle said...

I really enjoyed Six Feet Under when it was on basic cable.

June 04, 2008 10:36 AM  
Blogger jwer said...

Firefly, Wonderfalls, the Wire (5th season comes out in August)... why yes, I DO own all three of those...

June 04, 2008 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

six feet under. my other suggestions are nip/tuck or big love, but they are both still on.

June 04, 2008 1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deadwood is one of the best series I have ever seen, I haven't seen Six Feet Under but it is on my list. I agree that Firefly is a great series and you can get through it quick (only one season). I also like Weeds as a change of pace and just picked up the third season yesterday.

June 04, 2008 2:02 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Six Feet Under was one of my favorite shows of all time and i highly recommend it! The Wire is right up there too and you'll love the fact that it's based in Baltimore.

June 04, 2008 7:43 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

i heart six feet under!!!! and wonderfalls.

June 05, 2008 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home