Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Back In the Saddle

So... I'm okay. Exhausted, but okay. My grandmother is doing better and I talked to her briefly on Monday, but I'm still not sleeping very well. Hopefully I can get the apartment cleaned up quickly so that I can fall asleep at a decent hour tonight.

In good news, Angie has a dog. :) I know! I am so very, very excited for her. My neighbor found a dog that had been put out by its owner, and she brought it home but couldn't keep it because she already has two dogs and one of them was being very jealous. She texted me about the dog on Tuesday around noon, I called Angie and told her to go look at the dog (yeah, I know... I'm bossy), and by mid-afternoon Tuesday... Angie had a dog. The dog is an English Springer Spaniel, and her name is Maddy. Isn't she absolutely gorgeous?!





I met Maddy after work today and what a gem. She's amazing. No signs of abuse, only of living on the street for a week or so. She's clingy, but sweet as can be. She knows how to sit, shake, and we had her "laying down" (which for her, means throwing her body to the ground) in only a few minutes. She's a smart one, that's for sure. All she needs is a lot of love and some confidence, and I know Angie can give her what she needs.

Congratulations, ANGIE!!! We all definitely owe you a few dog toys to get you started!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one sweet lookin' puppy. Congrats Angie, maybe I can meet you both when we come and visit Rissa.

Blessings,

Mom

August 07, 2008 8:45 AM  
Blogger Broadsheet said...

She's gorgeous! How could anyone give up a dog that wonderful? I'm glad Angie is the one to make her life the best possible one ever.

August 07, 2008 8:54 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

What an awesome dog, I agree with broadsheet, how could anyone give up that dog ... or any dog for that matter. If Angie needs a dog bed I have a large one in good shape that say Abby on it, which is close to Maddy if you look at it in a mirror (and add the M). I'll try to remember to take a picture of it tonight and send it to you in case she would like it.

August 07, 2008 10:31 AM  
Blogger danielle said...

Yay for Angie and Maddy. What gorgeous and sweet-looking dog!

August 07, 2008 12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your Grandma is doing better.
How great of Angie to take Maddy in as her doggie! They are going to be very happy together....
What a great looking dog! Gorgeous!
Tell her I said congrats.
~Annie

August 08, 2008 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home