Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Weekend Wrap-Up

Yesterday was my third (I think) Fiesta... a huge party that Jill and Rob's family throws every year. It was a little strange this time around, as we arrived during a thunderstorm... but the storm (and lightening and torrential downpour that comes with it) passed by and we had a really nice time. It was really great to see so many people! Jill's family, of course, and all her friends that are now my friends, and all WS folks, and better yet, I took CJ and Nicole, so my friends are all slowly meeting each other, and so far I think they all like each other. I love that.

I'd also like to say - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIE! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB! The older I get, the crappier I am at remembering birthdays, but two very important people in my life share the same day, so I should be able to get this one right. I love you both dearly, and I hope you had a great day. :)

After Fiesta, the girls and I headed to Poncabird - for the fourth straight week in a row. (It's probably not healthy that I'm there that much, right?) It was fun - I'm learning that I REALLY like singing Heart (I know!), and I'm going to try to learn Barracuda for CJ. Weirder... the general manager asked me to dinner. Ugh. He's a nice guy, but I just can't. I'm too flighty when I date, which is why I have to be really cautious when I date in my circle... it freaks me out. I'm going to have to say no, of course... but I hope it doesn't make it weird. I really like that place.

What else, what else...I have a significant amount of work to do today (so why am I blogging, right?), and I still have a social call to make, so another list is required to make sure I stay on schedule.

1. Get caught up on Google reader - DONE! At 2:30 AM, but still done!!
2. Laundry - in progress
3. Work on work-work - done!!
4. Run the dishwasher - done
5. Go to Korey's birthday BBQ - done and yum!
6. Try to watch Big Brother 10 at the actual time rather than on ON DEMAND (More to come on BB 10 later.) - done
7. Trash
8. Put laundry away
9. Make lunch for tomorrow and plan for working at the DC tomorrow night (momma needs a new purse) - done
10. Vacuum
11. Get address to send grandma a card (She's at a rehab facility now, I guess. The pain is still a problem, but they are trying to get her up and moving. We aren't ready to lose her yet.)
12. Recreate more iTunes playlists because I completely lost them all this week. I have them on my iPod though, so I'm redoing them one by one and can't sync until it's done. Ugh. - done, I think

Oh - and falling back to sleep at 4 AM, I beat two Mah-Jong scores on my Internet Tablet. TWO! At 4 AM! My new goal is to get all of my best times to below 2 minutes and 30 seconds... I love it.

Update: My grandma is back in the hospital. Maybe pneumonia. I'm taking a few days off of blogging. Nothing really seems that important right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

1. You know how much I love lists!
2. Thanks for the comment.
3. I heart that you play games at 4 in the morning, as I do.

August 03, 2008 4:18 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

I hope your Grandma is going to be well soon. I will keep her in my prayers.

August 03, 2008 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will keep your Grandma in my prayers. I wish her the best! :)
Annie

August 04, 2008 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home