Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Nicole!!

Okay... I'm still tired. Last night was Nicole's birthday, and although I fully intended to stay only an hour or two, I stayed a lot later. Sooo sleepy. Today is going to be long.

I'm interested to get some feedback on what y'all use to stay awake - whether it's caffeine in the form of drinks, caffeine pills, ginseng, etc. Caffeine in drinks keeps me up at night, but doesn't really help me if I need it during the day. What do you use and how well does it work?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drank a Red Bull the other day when I was totally exhausted. I woke up at 2am and could not go back to sleep. It helped me get through the day, and I only needed ONE. I also did not get the one without sugar, I am not sure if that made a difference, but I highly recommend it.
Good Luck today. I know how much it sucks to be tired.
Hugs,
Annie

July 24, 2008 10:10 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

I am tired pretty much every day at work. I don't drink coffee and don't drink caffeinated soda very often so a soda at work helps me (even though you said caffeine doesn't help you during the day). If I am really tired I'll stop at Royal Farms and get arizona green tea and drink that throughout the day. It doesn't make me enjoy work anymore but it keeps me from face-planting on my keyboard.

July 24, 2008 10:11 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

I tend to drink really cold drinks and occasionally put a cold/wet cloth on the back of my neck... that usually refreshes me. Sometimes, I take a nap, but I guess that it's hard to take a nap at work. Good Luck.

Oh, and I totally agree with you on the whole partying as you are older thing... about two years ago I partied a little bit and the next day I woke up questioning why I would do that because I felt like I was 60! I seriously uttered the words "I'm too old for this!" hahaha. I really do think it's something with getting older.

July 24, 2008 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home