Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Longest Post Ever

Okay... I am going to try to do this all in one post: My Birthday in Review. There were a few different events, lots of beers, games, and karaoke... and therefore, lots of photos. I've included only the highlights of the photos here, but to see all of them, go to my Kodak Gallery.

My birthday-day was really great. My friends at work went all out - I had a balloon, a birthday album full of short jokes, single girl cards, wine, cookies, cards, that kick ass harmonica and flowers from one of the companies I work with. It was just a great day. After work, we headed over to Hightopps for drinks, and we had such a good time!

Paul and I... cute shirt, isn't it? My birthday shirt!
Dale, me and Brian.











Yesterday Jodi came into town and we spent the day together. I got some MAJOR highlights (blonde! AH!) and a haircut, we ate at a trashy bar, and then Katie picked us up for dinner at Chevy's at Arundel Mills. I love these photos.

Katie and me
Jodi and me












After dinner, we partied it up at Dave & Busters. OMG I love Police 911. It's a game at D&B and my thighs will never be the same they hurt so bad. My whole body aches from playing that game - shoulders, back, thighs. Who needs a gym? I've got Police 911 - sooo much fun. So many people came out, too! It was impossible to keep everyone together, so I didn't see as much of some people as I wanted to, but I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. :)

We're playing one of those dancing games - I was sweating by the time we were done!
Katie and Ken getting their redneck on.
Police 911, baby...
...it was all the rage. (Isn't this a great action shot?)
Rob and Jill getting ready to make babies!
So cool - everyone pooled the tickets they won to get toys for Antonio, so this is what we walked out with! He's a loved puppy dog. :)












So after we'd all had our fill of games (I SO could have played more Police 911 if my legs had held out), we headed to Poncabird for karaoke. R, you were right... it's awesome. I'm thinking I'll go back next Saturday. And since it was mostly empty, we were able to sing over and over again. Around 1 AM they started shutting down the karaoke machine (the bar closed at 2 AM), but I worked my mad skillz and convinced the KJ and the bar owner to let us keep singing for another 30 minutes!! YAY! It was great! I rocked out some Heart (new for me), too, so that was very fun.

Me and Ken at Poncabird.
So tired after all of that gaming and singing...
Jodi is one. Popular. Chick.











We ended the night on my lovely deck, with Jodi and I falling asleep in the deck chairs and JJT probably bored out of his mind with drunk girls, but I had so much fun. I really did. I can't thank you all enough for coming out for my birthday (and thanks to Katie for planning it). It's great to have such a wonderful group of people in my life, and it reminds me how lucky I am to have you all around me.

Today Jodi and I were hurting a little bit, but we rallied and made it out around 2:30 PM. Once again we went through a few open houses (why aren't there any more?), and then we drove over and ate in Fells Point. I actually just got her on a bus back to NYC about twenty minutes ago. In a thunderstorm. Poor Jodi. (I love you.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

It was a great time... all of it! So glad you enjoyed yourself! Who said you can't celebrate 31 as if you were 13 :)

July 13, 2008 9:46 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

oh happy birthday again sweetheart...i miss you...

July 13, 2008 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I see a remake of the Cagney and Lacy show going on there!
You will have to arm wrestle to decide who is who.
What great friends you have, what a great time. Aren't pictures wonderful!? You will always have those pictures to remind you of Charissa's good day.
I am busy here with the play for little ones -Go Dog Go. It's going to be really good. Lots of action, good lighting and good acting. The kids are great.
The play is way better than you would think and we are now into everynight rehearsal.

Love you, Rissa

Mom

July 14, 2008 6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you had fun... sorry we missed karaoke!

July 14, 2008 9:40 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I love you too!! I had so much fun, it was a great weekend!! Have a good week.

July 15, 2008 12:27 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Happy Birthday, sounds like you had an amazing time and accomplished more in that short time than I have during my last 3 birthdays combined. Thanks for your advice.

July 16, 2008 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home