Monday, June 30, 2008

Reader Contest: Short Jokes

Working again at the DC tonight I was reminded about this moment of irritability I had a few months back. Oh, the memories... the bars, the boys, but I especially miss my social life. I think I had one once. :)

I'm thinking I should have a contest for the most clever short joke you can come up with. (Yes, Joe... I expect you to contribute.) What do you say? Think about it. Mull it over. Can you come up with anything clever? Anything better than, "wow. you're short." Or, "are you even tall enough to ride roller coasters?" Or better yet, "do you have to sit on a phone book to drive a car?" The prize will be... well, hell... maybe I'll have a contest for that, too. For now your reward will be pride - pride that you've come up with a short joke that I actually think is funny.

So what are you waiting for?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best I have at 7 AM.

And I thought the only thing short about you was your attention span.

July 01, 2008 7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the person standing next to you at work... "Hey _____, I didn't know it was bring your kid to work day!"

July 01, 2008 10:33 AM  
Blogger caver58 said...

Q: Why can't you borrow money from a leprechaun?
A: Because they're always a little short.

July 01, 2008 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hows the weather down there????

~Annie

Oldy but a goody. :)

July 01, 2008 3:56 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Are you looking up my skirt?

July 01, 2008 6:02 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Contests galore! Score, except I read that as you wanting jokes that were short in length and spent the last few minutes trying to come up with a oneliner, however after reading the other contributions it seems I had that totally wrong, you wanted something regarding height.

Aside from the stolen "I met a guy with a wooden leg named Smith..." routine, I've got nothing. Shame, that's the best I've got at 10:24 PM.

July 01, 2008 10:27 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

JJT - Funny, but not true. Unless we're talking about dating. :)

Anon: Good one, but 'heard it.'

Caver: Charming, but not necessarily about me. Maybe I should have specified that I was hoping you'd all make fun of me?

Annie: You're right - that's a classic.

Katie: Red space!

Alex: Oh, Alex... you're too smart for your own good, you know that?

July 02, 2008 7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elevators smell different to short people

July 02, 2008 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Charissa, stand up so we can see you! The grass is hitting you in the head!

July 02, 2008 10:17 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Whereas others sit down to pee, you, my dear, sit UP :)


I'm refraining from making an oral joke b/c that just seems TOOO easy.... and if you think the skirt comment was red space... well perhaps you're blog just isn't ready for my sense of humor ;)

July 03, 2008 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home