Thursday, June 26, 2008

Two Weeks

I'm going to be 31 in two weeks. Yeppers. 31. 31. 31.

I'm not overly stressed about it - not like I was for my birthday last year - but I am definitely curious if my general feeling of "ugh" has something to do with the birthday. Cassie thinks these things might be related, and she's pretty smart.

It's funny, though, because I'm really in a much better place than I was last year. I've resolved a lot of issues that had been holding me back, and today I'm even more comfortable with myself and who I've become. For instance, yes, 5 lbs would be great to lose (again), but why give up my nachos? :) Life is too short. I choose love handles!

So the big 3-1 is looming before me, gasoline is $3.99 a gallon, California is ablaze, and it seriously won't stop raining in China. End of days? Quite possibly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

I think you are in a great place in your life. I want to be you all the time! I truly believe that we just go through something right around our birthday's. Not a depression, nothing traumatic. Just one of those "things that make you go hmmmmm". You know how people always ask you if you feel older. I think the real question is if you feel wiser.

June 26, 2008 11:43 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Yep, Cassie is brilliant! I love intelligent, attractive, successful women and you my dear Charissa are all three!

June 27, 2008 1:02 AM  
Blogger jwer said...

It could be worse, you could be 35. That is OLD, yo...

June 27, 2008 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I choose love handles! You're great and I love you. Keep me posted on any bday plans.

June 30, 2008 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home