Friday, July 18, 2008

I Am So Tired, but...

...Katie and I saw Jukebox the Ghost last night at Ottobar, and we had such a good time. The band was just extremely energetic, and if you have a chance to buy the CD, or a chance to hear them live, I suggest you do so. They're actually entertaining; they interact with the audience, sing beautifully, and just look like they are having a grand 'ole time. They aren't pretentious or egotistical - Katie got all three of their autographs on her CD before the concert because they were just walking around and mixing with people.

Their music has often been described (by me as well) as Ben Folds-like... but it's really a style or sound thing. Their sounds are much more optimistic and positive for the most part, but the lead singer sits at a keyboard and definitely grooves to the song while he is performing. The guitar player lost his voice, so that was a bummer because we couldn't hear any of his songs, and I desperately wanted to cut the drummer's hair because it was all over the place and he kept flinging it around all night.

Anyway, their CD, "Let Live and Let Ghosts," is on iTunes and only $9.99. Worth the money.

I, on the other hand, am going back to sleep. I love vacation days...

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

That was such a great show! I'm so glad we went- as questionable as the venue looked from the outside it proved to be a worthy establishment. I listened to the CD all the way home and all the way to work this morning and I am still smiling- b/c it's just that kind of music :-)

Enjoy your day off!! Be lazy with it and NO WORKING!!

July 18, 2008 9:22 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

hope you're enjoying your day!

July 18, 2008 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home