Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stress

So I decided to take Friday off... for no other reason than I have plenty of hours available, and I really never take any time for myself. I have no plans. To my knowledge, no one else is taking the day off (but if you are, tell me now!), so I imagine I'll sleep in, read on my deck, and watch movies. Or, maybe... I'll do something else. I dunno.

The funny thing is that once I decided I was taking the day off, I realized just how much work I have to do. I stayed at work until 7 PM tonight, and tomorrow is so busy for me that I'm already stressing about getting things done. It's ridiculous, right? Why, oh why, do I do this to myself?

The triple threat for the day is that my grandma is back in the hospital - in something called palliative care. It's not hospice... but it's "care or treatment that concentrates on reducing the severity of disease symptoms, rather than halting or delaying progression of the disease itself or providing a cure." (Or as my negative, sad mind calls it, pre-hospice.) I'm so frustrated right now...

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

"take care of you!" not sure if you know what movie that's from, but it's highly appropriate in this situation! love you!

July 16, 2008 11:28 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your grandma.

July 17, 2008 12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your g-mom :( unfortunately, this is not my week at work for a summer friday... otherwise i'd find a pool for us to go swimming all day long!

July 17, 2008 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Charissa,

I am so sorry to hear the news of your Grandmother. As you may know I volunteered at Hospice which also provide palliative care. It is good with helping with any pain she might be experiencing...if that helps. Let me know if you need to talk.
Hugs,
Annie
ps. Enjoy Friday. I am reading tons of books this summer....

July 17, 2008 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to Jodi,
Take care of you, I believe is from the movie "Mr. Wonderful".

July 17, 2008 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the day off. I'm a bit jealous, actually. I am in serious need of one of those, and I have a boss telling me to do so.

Friday evening: ArtScape. You know you want to.

July 17, 2008 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home