Monday, July 21, 2008

Catching Up

I'm back. I've been having belly aches for a few days, and they've been dragging me down. I did learn that wine helps quite a bit... but maybe I learned a little too well. Hmmm. Back to the belly aches. Do you think it's the heat? Or a virus going around? Or my medium-rare Poncaburger? I don't know.

Anyway... I just want to catch up on a few things... Saturday night a group of us went karaoke-ing at Poncabird Pub again, and we had a lot of fun. I sang The Fresh Prince of Bel air (among other things), and I even got a few of my non-singer friends up for a song or two.
I'll let you all take a gander at who this is... hee-hee.

Funny.





Then on Sunday a group of us met up at Artscape - my second year, I think. It was... God awful HOT. OMG. Like sweat on your back please-don't-show-through-my-shirt type hot. I know it's gross. It was worse actually being there.















I have to admit that the event for me was disappointing. Not because there weren't lots of beautiful things (oh, there were), but because this just isn't the kind of economy where I can buy $65 photography prints just because I think they're pretty. Nope. The whole event felt different to me. The footprint seemed larger, but there were less people, I think. Hmph.

So this year I walked away from Artscape with nothing. It's a disappointment for me, sure... but I'm afraid the term starving artist may be a bit more true for local artists these days... now I remember why I majored in business.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still can't find a reasonable explanation why Artscape is held during the hottest weekend of the year. It doesn't make sense.

July 22, 2008 12:21 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

the one positive effect on the art world is that as the economy becomes more difficult only those with a true passion will remain. I can say I truly hope that it happens in my business because there are just way too many of us!

July 22, 2008 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home