Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Week In Review

I know - not a lot of posts this week. My good friend, Jessie, communicated that she was a bit sick of the lists - as was I - so I needed a few days to get the lists out of my head.

This week has been nuts. It started with some huge projects, followed by a training that two of my coworkers and I gave top sales. It felt good to train again - like my old XtraSource days - and it was nice to get the compliments afterward that I had done well. I didn't feel on my game, really, I knew I could do better, but it's a skill that I rarely use anymore, so it was kinda cool to dust it off.

I'd like to chat a little about the macaroni and cheese at Superfresh. Please tell me some of you have had it. It's delicious. Crazy delicious. I have previously failed at making homemade macaroni and cheese (not that it was just - just mediocre), but Angie made it for me once and, admittedly, it was even more delicious than Superfresh. The problem is that she only made it once, so I've been forced to find alternatives. Superfresh is yummy. It's true. Feel free to discuss further.

I've also watched a lot of movies this week. I've watched Ratatouille, Becoming Jane, and Elizabeth: The Golden Age. All quite good. I think I'd like to own Becoming Jane and Elizabeth in case anyone is looking to buy me presents. Okay, not likely, so I'll be willing to accept copies (um... certainly not illegally). I also finished Firefly this week, so I can return it to you now, JWER. I'd like to borrow The Wire from someone/anyone if anyone is willing. I feel that's next for me.

I got into a disagreement with a new friend this week. That sucked. My emotions got the best of me, and I had to apologize for being judgmental. I over-reacted, and as I've stated here before, I need to be reigned in when that happens. He called me out on my behavior, as was necessary, but it was embarrasing and a bit humbling. That was a damper on my Friday for sure which probably contributed to the crazy movie watching last night.

So I feel like I have a lot to do this weekend, but since I'm going to lay off the lists I'm not sure how I'll remember everything. I know I need to locate a tea infuser, but I know I'll forget. A business partner brought back tea from Taiwan, and I want to have some, but I don't have the proper tools for loose leaf tea.

Okay. Karaoke at 9:30 PM at Poncabird. Come one, come all. It should be fun. And as we've learned - no shots. Please. I just can't handle them anymore, and I'm sometimes too nice to say no. Pretty please. Oh - and I need singers, so I expect some of you to bring it! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger jwer said...

I've been really happy with The Teastick, which is apparently 50% off at Bluehouse...

Also, it's my friend's store, so I'm always happy to plug it.

Also also, I have all 5 seasons of The Wire, but I have only completely watched seasons 1-4.

November 15, 2008 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, will never be sick of your lists.

November 19, 2008 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home