Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Rated 3.5

Since today was supposed to be our second night of cooking, I thought I'd at least catch up and post about our first. Jill, Nicole and I will be testing our culinary skills by getting together regularly and cooking together. (It's also a very good excuse for a puppy play date.)

Last week, we made Chicken Marvalasala and Pappardelle with Rosemary Gravy. Overall, we did very well, but we missed a few steps, had a few extra ingredients, and ended up rating it a 3.5 out of 5.0. A 3.5 rating means something like, "We wouldn't send it back at the restaurant, and we might take the leftovers home."

Rocky couldn't join us for our first evening, so we are all looking forward to the next time we get together, so that Delilah and Rocky can finally meet, fall in love, and live happily ever after. (No worries... Antonio will chaperon.)








6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

that is such a brilliant idea!! I love girls night out- cooking edition!

November 05, 2008 11:39 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Looks like good times!

November 06, 2008 12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvalasala? Shouldn't that be "marsala"? (Reads recipe source.) Oh, Rachel Ray. (shudders)

Sorry about that. Ironically, I was looking at some various Italian recipes last night that I may try via Wegmans "menu" magazine. They love me so much I get it quarterly.

Still, getting together for someone to prepare a meal is a pretty good way to get together with friends and enjoy an inexpensive yet tasty meal.

November 06, 2008 7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charissa, you live a very special life. You have a great family and great friends. You think of great things to do together, and your network of friends all seem like wonderful people with smiles on their faces when they are with you...I am so glad that you have yet another thing to do with them! Enjoy all that you do, and keep your good spirits and sending them to others! You make many a great memory, that is for sure!
~Annie

November 06, 2008 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, I forgot to mention...When I lived in Va. my friends and I would get together monthly for "International" night, where we would pick a country...and everyone would have to bring a dish or drink from that country...guys and girls allowed to join in the festivities...we also tried to find music from that country...just food for thought for another Charissa adventure...
~Annie

November 06, 2008 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed session 2 of cooking night! Let's plan on the week of 11/17 since I'm away next week, too. I'll be in Pizza Prep School all week, so maybe I'll come back w/some cool pizza recipes :)

November 07, 2008 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home