Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Shock and Awe

I have wished for this day for months now, and as much as I've wanted the election to be over recently, today was a day worth remembering. I shared tonight with a group of friends as we played with puppies, babies, ate good food, and watched as the polling data rolled in. It's a momentous time for ourselves and for our nation, but the true test will come in the days, months and years ahead. Can we rely on Obama and our elected officials to make the changes they've promised? Can electing the first black President have a lasting affect on racism and minority opportunity in this country? Only time will tell, but for now I will be hopeful. I will try to embrace unity, sacrifice and continue to work hard for myself and others, but most importantly, I will attempt to place put patriotism ahead of my singular needs. It will be hard for us all, but it will be worth it.

Congratulations, all. Today has been a good day for America.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he will call out our better selves and like the 60's of my youth promised we can help make the difference.
That is my hope. That is my prayer.

Mom

November 05, 2008 3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is indeed a great day for America...we seemed to have pulled together on this one! :)

November 05, 2008 10:50 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I am walking proud today! And I have a permanent smile on my face and tears welling up in my eyes!

November 05, 2008 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home