Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Dry Eyes

I had a post-operative visit to my eye doctor today to monitor my overall healing from the three surgeries that I've had. One of my complaints, which I know is quite common, has been dry eyes. After looking at my eyes, the doctor recommended temporary eye plugs.

Uh... Eye plugs?

So she explained. They are dissolvable plugs that block the lower drains in your eye sockets so that your eyes stay more moist. ISN'T THAT WEIRD? I had to start giggling because it seems that every time I visit the doctor, they come up with something else that I have never heard of. First I had an iridotomy, then ICLs, then Intra-lase, and now eye plugs. It's ongoing.

Anyway, the eye plugs are in and painless. We'll just have to wait and see how well they work!

8:16 PM UPDATE: Click here for an illustration of eye anatomy. The lower "puncta" is where the plug was inserted.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

ummmm, i'm hungry???

my word verification:: rcjBJ

July 26, 2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Those sound a bit weird, hope they work.

July 26, 2006 8:22 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Spooky?

July 26, 2006 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home