Thursday, July 20, 2006

Living with a Deaf Cat

Oh Elliott. Why? Why? Why?

I didn't have the best day, and I am feeling relatively crabby. All I really wanted was to come home and get into PJs and watch Big Brother All-Stars. But no. Mr Elliott has struck again.

Have you ever wondered what it's like to live with a deaf cat? Probably not, I realize that... but THIS is what it's like. This used to be a really nice candle holder. Really.

The problem is that my cat, Elliott, does these things and doesn't even know it. He doesn't hear things clanking or banging or crashing... so he doesn't realize the results of his actions. Unless the thud from a falling object creates some serious vibrations - Elliott is completely ignorant as to what he has done.

So far this month, I have lost a candle holder, a cat food bowl, and a dachshund figurine that my mom's friend Pat bought me. This cat is lucky that he's so sweet.

On a happier note, the falling glass didn't break my dachshund-shaped planter that my sister bought for me. I've never planted an actual plant in it... but I definitely wouldn't be happy if it broke. It's so cool (duh). And how would I ever replace it.??

Yes, Elliott is a lucky dog... er, cat. He's adorable, sweet and handsome to boot. He's lucky. Damn lucky I say.

9 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

I like the sweater he is laying on-great color green :)

July 20, 2006 9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the cat is just sightly retarded. I have a deaf cat, and he knows when he's knocked something over.

July 20, 2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Ouch. That's just plain mean. Uh... thanks for the comment? It's a good thing comments aren't used as pick up lines, eh?

July 20, 2006 9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice guy, ya mon.

July 21, 2006 7:07 AM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Poor Elliot. How will he hear ET phoning for him?

Sorry, I just had to.

July 21, 2006 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't intend for it to be mean, I'm sorry. I call my own cat slightly retarded. It was a bad joke.

July 26, 2006 1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a DWC too. Ulisse! I love him so much even when he break my good luck chinese figurine and when he meow so loudly at 5 am

November 24, 2006 4:18 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Awww Elliott looks exactly like our (female) deaf white cat, Tifa. We also have a lot of little 'breakages' around the house. We now have to use plastic glasses because she loves to push the glass ones off the kitchen surface on the stone floor (smash!!!). I'm sure it just looks pretty when you're a deaf cat :)

January 06, 2007 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a DWC too and he drives me insane, i have lost hundreds of dollars worth of breakables.
He yells at 4 in thevlyl morning, he never knows he is doing anything wrong.
But when you see him snuggling soft rugs and cuddling the Labrador that he is not afraid of..its worth it

March 07, 2008 5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home