Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Netflix and Eye Shields

Tonight is my last official night wearing eye shields: those lovely plastic eye patches that have been protecting my eyes while I sleep since I had my eye surgery last week. I planned on wearing them longer (no reason to be embarrassed since I sleep alone), but I'm running out of tape. This may be my last night with them.

The real point of this post is that I've just finished watching The Cave, which earned almost 4 1/2 stars on the Netflix site. My opinion? Skip it. I have no idea how this movie received any more than 3 stars at best. I typically hate creepy movies where things jump out at you, but I guess I thought that the description sounded interesting, so I added it to my queue. The catch with this movie is that things did jump out... and I had little reaction. Despite a few good climbing/falling scenes - the acting was mediocre, the special effects were straight from the Alien movies (but far less scary), and it was so slow.

I also rented Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and I should have watched that instead. I can't believe I stayed up (I have an extremely early meeting tomorrow) to watch this. Very disappointing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

no scary movies for me, not since children of the corn ;) but i did like the sisterhood...

July 19, 2006 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home